From voice commerce to virtual reality, retailers are realizing success with next-generation commerce solutions – and they’re being demonstrated live at the commercetools Innovation Bar
Munich (Germany) / Las Vegas (USA), March 4, 2019 – With designations from IDC, Forrester and Gartner as a commerce visionary and numerous retailers migrating off slow, hard-to-customize platforms to its leading-edge cloud-based software – next-generation platform provider commercetools is enabling retailers to scale for the digital commerce age. The company will showcase successful retailers and their innovations at Shoptalk 2019 in the commercetools Innovation Bar (Booth #4618).
Featuring one-on-one insights from retailers such as Express and Falabella and demonstrations spanning voice commerce, augmented and virtual reality, IoT and the integration of content and commerce, the commercetools Innovation Bar will culminate the best examples of retailers who are successfully moving from static web experiences into modern commerce.
Activities at the commercetools Innovation Bar include:
“Meet the Innovators” sessions to hear directly from retailers and digital solution providers:
- Tomás Guzmuri, chief digital officer with multinational retail conglomerate Falabella, will speak with commercetools CEO Dirk Hoerig about corporate culture and innovation on Sunday, March 3, at 6:30 p.m.
- Brendon Gualdoni, vice president of enterprise architecture, commerce and enterprise integration at leading American fashion retailer Express, will speak about becoming a leader in retail technology on Monday, March 4, at 5:30 p.m.
- JM Guthrie, founding partner at Authentic, and Darren Johnson, chief revenue officer at BloomReach, will speak with Chris McCann, head of North American partnerships at commercetools, about how brands can differentiate in the digital world on Tuesday, March 5, at 5:30 p.m.
Technology innovations that will be showcased include:
- Voice commerce via Alexa and an IoT device – visitors can have a drink delivered by a robot.
- Virtual reality shopping – visitors can step virtually into a luxury home to shop for furniture.
- Augmented reality shopping – visitors can select and place chairs or wall art in their very own environment.
- In Car Commerce – visitors will learn how major automobile brands such as Audi plan to take shopping on the road in model year 2019.
- Content and commerce integration – visitors will see how luxury fashion brands and retailers are delivering seamless, next-generation digital experiences across channels and creating a group of loyal fans.
commercetools built its platform from the ground up in an API-first methodology, allowing clients to quickly deploy one or all its modular APIs in a headless, microservices fashion. This approach maximizes speed of deployment as well as delivers flexibility since it can be integrated with any digital experience platform or back-end payment, ERP or other enterprise software. The commercetools platform allows nearly hourly releases, significantly improving a company’s ability to quickly add commerce to channels and devices beyond traditional web shops, including mobile apps, online games, AR/VR and social media channels as well as any internet-connected device such as kiosks, wristbands, or automobiles.
“With commercetools, speed and innovation match business demands, taking the chains off retailers,” said Dirk Hoerig, CEO of commercetools. “Conceptual technology ideas are becoming retail innovations, which is helping unleash competitive advantage for retailers who embrace the opportunities that a modern commerce approach offers.”
To see this wide array of modern commerce integrations and retailer innovations at Shoptalk, visit the commercetools Innovation Bar at booth #4618.
For more information on commercetools’ Shoptalk activities, visit https://ok.commercetools.com/shoptalk-2019.